Secrets of Bordeaux is the brainchild of owner Michelle Loftus, whose goal is to connect you with all that is best in and around Bordeaux.
Born in London, Michelle grew up as a true European, living in England, Germany, Italy and Belgium as well as spending extended periods of time in France. She currently divides her time between a home in Toronto, Canada and her godmother’s home near Bordeaux, France.
Michelle brings to this website a wealth of knowledge and her passion for history, architecture, art and culture. Her natural curiosity and joy in sharing what she discovers will quickly entice you to plan your next visit!
Secrets of Bordeaux is a subsidiary of The Loftus Guides. Our content is created both in house and by our excellent team of freelance writers, and is the copyright of The Loftus Guides. Our photos are a mixture of our own travel pics and stock photos, all hand-chosen to inspire you with all there is to see and do.
Getting the most out of this site:
- Sign up to be notified when we post new articles and information.
- Use the Categories feature to find things quickly. For example click on Bordeaux Basics for what you need to know from the start.
- The Tags are designed to help you navigate, as well.
- All external links are set to open in a new tab, so you can easily close or save them and get back to where you were on the site.
- Comment, write to us, connect with us on social media, ask questions and share what you know, too. We would love to hear from you!